Join master stylist Cathy Davys as she leads you through Classic to Creative Cutting
This two-day program is about connecting the dots and how to transition from classic to creative. Cathy will teach you how you must think and plan to take the salon guest from classic to edgy. We will review vertical, horizontal lines and disconnection, uncovering how they fit into design, balance and form. This program will teach you how to create for the individual – personalizing fashion forward hairstyles for your salon guests.
Who is this for?
Cathy has designed this program for stylists who have a good understanding of the classic skills of hair design, but are afraid of how to take their work to the next creative level. It is for the stylist who needs to add creativity to their salon repertoire, and to increase your designer detail that will have your salon guest coming back for more.
Two days. 8.30 am – 4.30 pm with one-hour lunch.
What you will learn
Have you ever seen images in magazines or on Pinterest and thought “I would love to do that, but my salon guest won’t wear it”? Learn the language of persuasion and how to instill confidence in your client. We will be covering precision cutting, reinventing the shag, razor cutting and how to transition from classic to advanced.
Other skills covered:
- Communication and consultation.
- Sell the sizzle
- The wheel fashion
- How to know when and where to personalize and texture
- Know what you’re doing and why
- The 7 techniques with the razor, our new hero
- Layers vs. graduation vs. disconnection
- Facial framing, face shapes and the golden ratio
- How to photo journal your work
- The art of finishing
- How to build a story board
- How and where to search for trends
Cathy has the vision and desire to help people be the best versions of themselves. This comes through mastery of ones craft. Her workshops are limited to 8 stylists, and programs are delivered with empathy in a very safe environment, giving you an empowering time that will give you lifelong learning tools. Everyone is respected regardless of background. There are no wrong questions, no distractions of salon phones or interruptions. You’re in the classroom with Cathy to have fun and experience the best of hair education.
The Benefits to the Salon and Stylist
When a stylist arrives at this level you see the breakthrough of self-limiting beliefs. They begin to feel and see that they are becoming a great stylist. They see their turnover and income escalate. Their customer retention and referrals are up due to the quality and confidence that is emerging.
Your Workshop Includes
- All meals and accommodation complimentary (when seminar is held at Cathy’s Retreat – other venues may be different).
- Small intimate classes where you will have Cathy’s full attention (8 places only).
- Two mannequin heads are included for the 2 days.
- Stands provided or you are welcome to bring your own.
- There are no dumb questions, the environment is safe and private.
- Hours of hands on training.
- Multi Media Presentations.
- Work books.
- Official completion certificate.
- An experience like no other in hair education.
National and International Hair Stylist are all welcome. Payments must be made before attendance on each program.