Join master stylist Cathy Davys as she leads you through Creative Intelligence
Cathy has designed this program for new Talenteers/Apprentices who are about to go on the cutting floor and for the more experienced stylist who wish to find their passion and excitement again. This course is all about updating skills to fashion forward commercial styling.
“Personalizing the way we learn through ongoing education is the key to your success in the salon. Successful people invest in their education, development and personal motivation knowing that these are the tools to success.” Grant Cardone
Who is this for?
Cathy has designed this program specifically to accelerate new hires and retrain existing team members. The purpose is to bring stylists to a new level of skill and reigniting passion in those who have wavered from their craft.
This course takes place over two consecutive days. 8:30am – 4:30pm per day, with a one hour lunch break per day
What you will learn
- Soft skills
- Facial Framing and head shapes
- Designing to the face shape
- Fundamentals in cutting
- Understanding body position
- Where to stand for a square shape, graduation and layering
- The Bob & horizontal lines
- Graduation and diagonal lines
- Layers and vertical cutting
- Intro to the Razor – the new hero!
- How to design with your brushes
- How to work the directional blow dry
- A classic and casual up do
- Correct pinning and back combing
- Understanding shape, balance and mirror
- Photo journaling your work
Cathy has the vision and desire to help people be the best versions of themselves. This comes through mastery of ones craft. Her workshops are limited to 8 stylists, and programs are delivered with empathy in a very safe environment, giving you an empowering time that will give you lifelong learning tools. Everyone is respected regardless of background. There are no wrong questions, no distractions of salon phones or interruptions. You’re in the classroom with Cathy to have fun and experience the best of hair education.
The Benefits to the Salon and Stylist
- Creative skills are built on learning fundamentals in design, ( from here you will have clarity and confidence)
- Client base will expand when you present your unique consultations
- Improved performance when you learn how to eliminate inefficient detailing and re-cutting
- Efficiency will be boosted, less fatigue when learning how to stand and position your body
- As a new hire to the industry you have not had the opportunity to develop bad habits or road blocks in your thinking, Cathy will discuss techniques of staying away from bad habits in the industry
Your Workshop Includes
- Morning & afternoon refreshments and lunch for both days. Please advise any dietary requirements.
- Small intimate classes where you will have Cathy’s full attention
- One Mannequin head provided for you to take away after we have delivered our cuts and styling
- One long hair Mannequin (on loan for the course)
- Stands provided, or you are welcome to bring your own
- No dumb questions, the environment is safe and private
- Hours of hands on training
- Multi Media Presentations
- Official completion certificate
National and International Hair Stylist are all welcome. Payments must be made before attendance on each program.