Join master stylist Cathy Davys as she leads you through Dress Work & Bridal Hair
September 27-28 @ The 540 Lodge
Cathy’s love of long hair styling has seen her win many awards, as well as been asked to work with celebrities and brides. Cathy’s diverse repertoire and unique techniques have earned her the respect as the go-to stylist for a special occasion. She covers the full spectrum from red carpet to bridal and beautiful hair piece work.
Who is this for?
All levels of hairdressers, whether you are a recent graduate in hair & makeup, freelance stylist, bridal providers, creative or artistic individual. If you love working with long hair this program is for you.
This course takes place over two consecutive days. 8:30am – 4:30pm per day, with a one hour lunch break per day.
What you will learn
Cathy will share with you how to master six up dos (and more). She will show you the techniques to ensure you achieve the perfect wave, braid, curls, rolls and twists with confidence. All looks will be completed by students during the class. Cathy will introduce the latest trends suitable for brides to red carpet. Cathy breaks down these looks into simple steps of new skills and techniques that will have you inspired and motivated.
This program will equip you to look at a bridal magazine or see a red-carpet celebrity style and be able to deliver the look on command, other new skills you will learn also include:
- New and creative finger waves
- Braids made easy
- Mysterious triangles and elements of design
- Blow drying with purpose
- Why preparation is everything
- Pinning and sewing
- How to balance/proportion to face shape and dress
- How to use tongs, curls & hot tools
- Back combing, motor cycle technique, stack and pack
- How to have methodology and a systematic plan
Cathy has the desire to help people be the best version of themselves. This comes through mastery of ones craft. Her workshops are limited to 8 stylists, and programs are delivered with empathy in very safe environments, giving one lifelong learning tools. Everyone is respected regardless of background. There are no wrong questions, no distractions of salon phones or interruptions. One is in the classroom with Cathy to have fun and experience the best of hair education.
The Benefits to the Salon and Stylist
- Up do’s and bridal are a different skill set, being able to break them down into steps give stylists the confidence to do them. Leaving this workshop one will possess the ability to break down a hair up look and complete it themselves from simply looking at a picture
- Bridal hair is big business if worked correctly, Cathy will share how to grow this side of your business
- Your average client bill goes up when a stylists is able to offer more and when the journey is worked with the right consultation, you have the added value of colour services plus treatments, and a new salon guest as they have trusted you for their big day
Your Workshop Includes
- Mannequin head for the duration of the course
- Mannequin stands
- Head sheets
- Work books
- Hours of hands on training
- An experience like no other in hair education
- Official completion certificate
National and International Hair Stylist are all welcome. Payments must be made before attendance on each program.